Endometriosis is a disorder of tissue cells. My personal experience with endometriosis was Stage 3 tissue in my fallopian tubes and uterine walls. My disorder was diagnosed at the age of sixteen. A year and a half prior to my diagnosis and treatment, I experienced the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain (particularly on my left side)
- Pelvic pain (including painful intercourse)
- Severe menstrual symptoms (cramping and heavy bleeding)
- Irregular periods (it was not abnormal for my cycle to be 50-60 days)
- 11 month loss of period after treatment
- Dulled but chronic pain
- Occasional fevers, dizziness and nausea during menstrual cycles post-treatment
For more information on Endometriosis, please visit the Mayo Clinic site for information. Download this Fact Sheet about Endometriosis courtesy of ASRM (American Society for Reproductive Medicine).
This blog, all stories and links are meant to be personal experiences, stories, and data for informational purposes only.
If you suspect you have ensometriosis, an STD or any other abnormalities or concerns, please contact your health care provider immediately.